I started my journey 20+ years ago with an initial focus on Finance. This quickly changed to a fascination with Leadership, Product Management, Project Management, Business Analysis, & QA. Over the years I have developed skills in leadership, coaching, & advising while building product, teams, & companies. I have worked with a variety of companies that have ranged from start-ups to large-sized companies such as OptioPay, PayPal, Blackboard, Merrill Lynch, & Reuters.
Having worked at such a variety of companies & domains over the years has allowed me to experiencing building teams & product from linear (waterfall) methodology to an incremental one (Agility). What I realized was that I saw plenty of things that I could share.
On my educational side, I focused on Finance (hedging strategies), Philosophy, & Psychology. I polished this off with an MBA that had International & Project Management influences.
For more about me please visit my profile on LinkedIn.
Below are my vision, mission, & values that I try to follow:
Vision: Make the world a better place.
Mission: Motivate individuals to do the right thing(s).
- Respect: Challenge each other respectfully.
- Think: Think then do. “If I had an hour to solve a problem I’d spend 55 minutes thinking about the problem and 5 minutes thinking about solutions.” – Albert Einstein
- Lead: “Lead, follow or get out of the way.” – Thomas Paine. Pick one & do it well. Great leaders know when to lead as well as follow.
- Empower: Don’t be a victim. “Don’t ask for permission but beg for forgiveness.” – Grace Hopper (modified)
- Focus: Focus. Focus. Focus. Without this you cannot be great.